Sudden character deaths -- they've become a regular occurrence television occurrence.
Even the lightest, breeziest comedies aren't afraid to sacrifice some bodies these days. No one on a screen is safe because the ax can be dropped on anyone, including characters we thought were too important to ever be at risk.
Killing off a character is a powerful weapon in the tv writer's arsenal. It raises the stakes and forces the audience to take the surviving characters' dilemmas seriously. Death
can be a springboard for a lot of great plotlines. It's also the easiest way to write a character off a show.
Sometimes it's a character's time to go. However, far too often, a show kills a character off just as they were becoming interesting.
The characters below could have played a larger, more relevant part in their respective shows, which made seeing them die all the more crueler.
1. Capt. Zoe Anderson - The Rookie
2. Wells Jaha - The 100
3. Paige Larson - Days of Our Lives
4. William Walker - Brothers & Sisters
5. Dr. Heather Brooks - Grey's Anatomy
6. Ben Button - Riverdale
Wait! There's more TV Characters Who Died Before Their Story Could Begin! Just click "Next" below:Next
- Multi-Show, Photo Galleries
- The Rookie, Game of Thrones, Riverdale, The 100, PLL: The Perfectionists, Brothers & Sisters, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Grey's Anatomy, Days of Our Lives, Burn Notice
- Netflix, Showtime
- Related Photos:
- Multi-Show Slideshows, Photo Galleries Slideshows, The Rookie Slideshows, Game of Thrones Slideshows, Riverdale Slideshows, The 100 Slideshows, PLL: The Perfectionists Slideshows, Netflix Slideshows, Brothers & Sisters Slideshows, Buffy the Vampire Slayer Slideshows, Showtime Slideshows, Grey's Anatomy Slideshows, Days of Our Lives Slideshows, Burn Notice Slideshows
- Related Posts:
- Created by:
- Becca Newton