Representation is huge and even more impressive when the actor chosen to portray the role truly understands and identifies with the differences or struggles their character was written.
Or perhaps it's progressive when the writers choose to include the actor's storyline into their character's storyline.
Here's a list of empowering characters whose storyarcs included the true version of their portaying actor's life.
Let us know in the comments below your thoughts on our list!
1. Stranger Things - Gaten Matarazzo
2. Switched At Birth - Marlee Matlin
3. Glee - Chris Colfer
4. Breaking Bad - RJ Mitte
5. Speechless - Micah Fowler
6. Euphoria - Barbie Ferreira
Wait! There's more TV Actors Who Potrayed Their Truths on the Big Screen! Just click "Next" below:Next
- Multi-Show, Photo Galleries
- Switched at Birth, Stranger Things, Supergirl, Euphoria, Glee, Breaking Bad, NCIS: New Orleans, Grey's Anatomy, Friends, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Girls, Nashville, Fresh Off the Boat
- Related Photos:
- Multi-Show Slideshows, Photo Galleries Slideshows, Switched at Birth Slideshows, Stranger Things Slideshows, Supergirl Slideshows, Euphoria Slideshows, Glee Slideshows, Breaking Bad Slideshows, NCIS: New Orleans Slideshows, Grey's Anatomy Slideshows, Friends Slideshows, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Slideshows, Girls Slideshows, Nashville Slideshows, Fresh Off the Boat Slideshows
- Related Posts:
- Created by:
- Inga Parkel