Friends becoming more than that is a favorite ship trope, both on screen and in real life.
Getting to see that growth between characters as they learn about each other, learn to trust each other, and then learn to romantically love each other is everything we could ever ask for from a fictional relationship.
And while it may feel like sometimes our favorite shows don't commit to the slow burn that a friends to lovers trope requires, there are so many quality friendships that turned into something more.
In fact, this slideshow is just a sample of the many connections that were built on platonic love first before it grew into more because of its potential.
What TV friendship that turned romantic over time was your absolute favorite?
1. Monty and Harper (The 100)
2. Quentin and Eliot (The Magicians)
3. Cameron and Kirsten (Stitchers)
4. Lucy and Wyatt (Timeless)
5. Barry and Iris (The Flash)
6. Dan and Blair (Gossip Girl)
Wait! There's more TV Friendships That Turned Romantic Over Time! Just click "Next" below:Next
- Multi-Show, Photo Galleries
- The 100, The Flash, The Magicians, Stitchers, Timeless, Gossip Girl, The X-Files, Smallville, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, The Vampire Diaries, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., New Girl, Gilmore Girls, How I Met Your Mother, The Good Place, Glee
- Related Photos:
- Multi-Show Slideshows, Photo Galleries Slideshows, The 100 Slideshows, The Flash Slideshows, The Magicians Slideshows, Stitchers Slideshows, Timeless Slideshows, Gossip Girl Slideshows, The X-Files Slideshows, Smallville Slideshows, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Slideshows, Vampire Diaries Slideshows, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Slideshows, New Girl Slideshows, Gilmore Girls Slideshows, HIMYM Slideshows, The Good Place Slideshows, Glee Slideshows
- Related Posts:
The 100 Season 6: Previewing The New Planet's Inspiration, Potential, and Future with Jason Rothenberg
- Created by:
- Yana Grebenyuk