19 Original Netflix Movies and TV Shows for Your Sci-Fi Fix

at .

7. 3% - Two Season Series Renewed

3% - Two Season Series Renewed
This is a series you have to watch. It's set in a dystopian future, and the world is bleak. The world has been divided into two, one for the 97% and the other for the 3%. At your 20th birthday, you have the opportunity to enter a physical and psychological fight to live with those who have gone before you to the OffShore. Sight unseen and challenged by the 97%. It has a Hunger Games feel to it, but instead of mere survival, the prize is an idyllic life. Or is it?

8. Sense8 - Series (Completed)

Sense8 - Series (Completed)
Sense8 was made by the creators of The Matrix and Babylon 5, and the viewers are loving it. Sense8 has two season where it explores eight people's lives who are connected telepathically. These sensates experience each other's lives both emotionally and mentally. Try navigating that while being hunted down like animals for disrupting the new world order. Rough life!

9. Glitch - Two Seasons

Glitch - Two Seasons
Glitch is another series in its second season getting great reviews. It's about a doctor and a police officer who discovered that seven of the residents of their town have returned from the dead in perfect health. The resurrected have no idea who they are, and somehow they're all connected. It sounds a lot like many other shows we've seen (Resurrection, The Return), but it's hard to argue with popularity!

10. Black Mirror - Four Seasons Renewed

Black Mirror - Four Seasons Renewed
Black Mirror was a sensation in the UK before Netflix grabbed it, but they've been careful to keep a fairly "foreign" feel to the proceedings. Fans are loving it. One reason it's probably so popular is that the show explores the dark consequences of advanced technology, which is very relevant in today's world. Add to that consistently great casts, stories, and directors for each installment, and you've got an award-winning show that's a must-see for sci-fi lovers.

11. Bright - Movie

Bright - Movie
Bright is an original Netflix movie starring Will Smith. Humans are living on Earth with orcs, elves, centaurs, dwarves, and a host of other races. Racism still exists now more than ever, when the human (Will Smith) is paired up with the first orcish police officer in the LAPD. It not only tickles your sci-fi bone, it addresses real world racial tensions.

12. What Happened to Monday - Movie

What Happened to Monday - Movie
What Happened to Monday is set in the not-so-far-future when overpopulation has caused a one-child per woman law to be enacted AND strictly enforced. When septuplet sisters are born, they are named the days of the week and only go out on their corresponding day. Things are going smoothly until Monday goes missing, then all hell breaks loose. Definitely worth a look-see.

Wait! There's more Original Netflix Movies and TV Shows for Your Sci-Fi Fix! Just click "Next" below:

Show Comments
Tags:
Multi-Show, Photo Galleries, Altered Carbon
Network:
Netflix
Show:
Stranger Things
Related Photos:
Multi-Show Slideshows, Photo Galleries Slideshows, Netflix Slideshows, Altered Carbon Slideshows, Stranger Things Slideshows
Related Posts:
Created by:
Published: